Sunday, July 3, 2011

France with Dey and Family

We finally arrived in Mercurey after a 3-hour train delay (didn’t check before hand and could not get on a train) and a taxi ride from Chalon. The taxi dropped us off at a school for a choral recital. Dey and Pierre and a small group began singing “Swing Low Sweet Chariot” as well walked in.


A perfect moment.


I realize now after leaving Dey and her family that spending time with family takes more time than sight seeing in some great foreign city and that I short changed myself on both my visit with Michael and now my visit with Dey and Pierre.


I guess the lesson learned is that I have to come back and take time, real time to just be and not do.





1 comment:

  1. where are you off to now? I thought your last leg was spending time with them?

    ReplyDelete