Monday, March 10, 2014

Travel+Writing

This blog has certainly been dedicated to that particular genre, but it is not without its technological challenges. As a matter of fact, my last trip to Europe only had two posts due to a card reader gone bad. I guess that $6.00 bootleg card reader from China wasn't quite the deal I thought it was. I ran around Venice during lunch the second day we were in Italy with no luck in finding the proper gadget. I chose not to blog because let's face it, what's a blog without pictures and it ceases to have the immediacy of a blog if you write it 2 weeks after the trip on the laptop that was left at home in lieu of the less weighty iPad.

Last week's trip, I tried out the iPad with a newly purchased card reader from The Apple Store.  Well the reader works great getting the camera pics into the iPad.  But what about the iPhone pics? I can upload to Dropbox or email them to myself.  However, now the challenge comes as to how to get those great pictures uploaded to blogger.com from the iPad because the Firefox app or blooger site or whatever is not the full version and does not have the link to upload from the files on the iPad itself. I would have to upload and download from some other site that I can't really get access to on the iPad. Maybe someone else with more tech savvy experience could figure it out.

So...guess what?  I am completing this blog on my bulkier MacBook Pro, a week later in a McDonald's in Sun City Center, FL (where I am staying with my mother) because she does not have wifi!

My decision after all of this is that I need to travel with a laptop for its full capability and at some point have access to wifi. And of course, I knew all of this, remember, it was an experiment.

So here I go with laptop in backpack, off to Columbia tomorrow as I continue the adventure...traveling and writing.

2 comments:

  1. The image of you sitting in McDonald's cannot get out of my brain,,..... Say it isn't so

    ReplyDelete