Friday, June 7, 2013

Bon Voyage in Italia....Countdown

In just 3 days, I board a plane with 4 students and 3 adults from O. Henry Middle school to travel across the Atlantic to Italy for 8 days.  For some of the students, this may be the first time that they have been away from their family and for others, the first time they have been to Europe.  For some it is a maiden voyage and one not to be forgotten. What an adventure and I am so thrilled to be a part of it!


Last fall, I got this idea that I could take a group to Europe.  One of the other teachers at my school took nine students and adults to Madrid and Barcelona that summer, so I thought...why not.  With only six travelers, my Group Leader position would be paid for.  Recruitment began at Back to School Night in September and by December, I had enough for the trip.

Check out our Tour website http://www.eftours.com/preview-tour.aspx?pt=1304598


So my bags are almost packed...Euros exchanged, passport in hand with an itinerary not for the faint hearted or bad shoes.  Austin to Milan, Verona and Venice....and that is only the first day!  On to Florence and the High Renaissance, a pass through to Assisi and then to the Rome....the Eternal City, Vatican City and the Sistine Chapel and some how, we squeeze in a day trip to Pompeii.

I am exhausted just writing about it.  EF packs a whole lot in to their tours and we are all in for a wild ride.  So follow us as we eat our way through Italy with lots of gelato, pizza, pasta and good coffee.

Ciao Bella!

No comments:

Post a Comment