Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Bella Venezia!

OK...so I really want to show you in pictures how wonderful Venice, Italy is, but.....I can't get them out of the camera because the adapter device for my iPad is totally bogus.  A cheap imitation that I bought online just did not hold up and is not reading my sd card.  Error message is that iPad does not support this device and apparently vise versa.  Really wish that I had bought my laptop, but instead thought I would try its lighter brother, the iPad, but proving to not be such a great idea.  And of course, internet is slow, making it difficult to upload those larger picture files or even use an online program to convert them.  I am technologically challenged in Italia.

Being on a planned tour, we only were able to spend a day in this medieval city.  The colors are my colors, washed out and aged down apricot, verde, sienna, sunny yellow, and marble oh my.  Marble in every color that you can imagine.  Brought here from across the globe during The Crusades. 
(insert picture)

Saint Mark's Basilica with its gold mosaic ceilings, taking more than 300 years to complete is more than impressive.  And look down to the floors, geometric marble mosaic designs influenced by its Turkish heritage, or shall I say stolen from its Turkish land, pillage and plundered from Constantinople.
(insert picture)

Oh well, there is more from the Doge's Palace and The Bridge of Sighs across to the Prison.  Hmmm...just doesn't seem the same without photos, so I am signing off and hopefully can actually post this tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment