Monday, June 13, 2011

My Bags are Packed

Here I sit at command central, my dining room table, with my envelopes of itineraries, plane tickets, train passes, hotel confirmations, phone numbers and yes, passports, almost ready for the final packing and stuffing.

Tomorrow Violet and I begin the journey across the sea to pick up Jackson in Belgium where he has spent the last 10 months in a Youth Exchange Program with Rotary Club International. He has been learning French among other things, while Violet and I have spent the last year sans smelly teenage boy energy enjoying the company of each other. Now wondering, how are we going to share our space again with him?

I suppose we will relearn how to be with each other as we travel through Belgium and to Barcelona, Switzerland, parts of France and Paris. Taking planes, trains and automobiles our journey will cover more than three weeks while we visit a high school friend in Paris, two Cal Arts buddies, one in Barcelona, the other in Switzerland and a niece and her adorable family in France…and those are only the folks we already know!

Exciting adventures ahead…stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. not enough hugs received this morning .. I miss you already. I'm so jealous. I, who works for an airline, never travels to exotic places.
    Have an amazing time, I will read every day.
    (happy birthday to TM)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and funny, I was half asleep when you were telling me the name of the blog .. I swear you said Life=Beane+Doing ... now you understand why I said I wouldn't remember

    ReplyDelete